Our world has turned upside down with the unwelcome arrival of Covid-19. Coming to an almost standstill in mid-March, we are only beginning to see glimmers of recovery.
How has this affected women? Balancing a life of family, work and community, the threat of Covid-19 has meant added stress to already busy lives.
So, how does NCJWC continue in this atmosphere of uncertainty? We stay the course, making a positive impact on our communities.
This defines NCJWC! We stay in touch with our five Sections, encouraging them to continue their commitments to their communities and bridging our common interests with others.
As an example of our outreach, we are offering a phenomenal webinar series, “Women and Justice” on four consecutive Wednesdays in September and October 2020.
Through the magic of ZOOM, the series will be available not only to our members, but also to the broader community.
Stay tuned for the extraordinary women who will be presenting this exciting program!
ZOOM will also make our AGM accessible to all our members. Your Board of Directors will present their reports. A highlight will be our keynote speaker, Anat Hoffman, Executive Director of Israel Religious Action Centre (IRAC) and the Director and founding member of Women of the Wall.
Save the date……Sunday, October 18th, 2020!
Vital Connections is the only NCJWC fundraising campaign of
Your financial contribution will allow us to continue our work in our communities…locally, nationally and internationally…which began over 120 years
ago. Help us to continue to undertake new challenges, continue our successes, and remain relevant, strong and resilient in the future.
- NCJWC supports the expansion of our services in Simcoe County (Ontario), a new Section of 50 members who are actively involved in local issues.
- NCJWC co-operates with other national agencies, CIJA and B’nai Brith among others, to fight the scourge of anti-Semitism worldwide.
- NCJWC, in collaboration with other resources, fights poverty, human trafficking and racism in all forms.
- NCJWC helps fund Aluma (IFCA), an Israeli agency dedicated to counselling disadvantaged families and individuals in crisis.
- NCJWC has long advocated against genetic discrimination. Our efforts bore fruit when the Supreme Court of Canada brought down its decision to uphold the Genetic Non-Discrimination Act.
- NCJWC is Canada’s only member of the International Council of Jewish Women (ICJW). working to free imprisoned women worldwide, notably Mme Nasrin Sotoudeh in Iran.
Your historic loyalty to, and generous support for, NCJWC is needed now more than ever before.
When you support NCJWC’s presence, you create a greater impact across our country, and indeed worldwide.
In the spirit of ‘tikkun olam’ we will continue to make a positive difference through education, service and social action.
NCJWC thanks you for your positive response and your generous commitment to this Vital Connections Campaign of YOUR organization.
Click here for information and to register for the Zoom teleconference